This week USCIS announced that they are UPDATING the Naturalization (U.S. Citizenship) Test.
But it’s not that bad! I did the hard work for you, and here are only 8 updates to the test below:
2020 Civics Test Updates
1. Question 23. Who is one of your state’s U.S. senators now?
Answers will vary. [District of Columbia residents and residents of U.S. territories should answer that D.C. (or the territory where the applicant lives) has no U.S. senators.]
Visit senate.gov to find your state’s U.S. Senators.
2. Question 29. Name your U.S. representative.
Answers will vary. [Residents of territories with nonvoting Delegates or Resident Commissioners may provide the name of that Delegate or Commissioner. Also acceptable is any statement that the territory has no (voting) representatives in Congress.]
Visit house.gov to find your U.S. Representative.
3. Question 30. What is the name of the Speaker of the House of Representatives now?*
4. Question 38. What is the name of the President of the United States now?*
Donald J. Trump
5. Question 39. What is the name of the Vice President of the United States now?*
Michael R. Pence
6. Question 57. Who is the Chief Justice of the United States now?
John G. Roberts, Jr.
7. Question 61. Who is the governor of your state now?*
Answers will vary. [District of Columbia residents should answer that D.C. does not have a governor.]
territories to find the Governor of your state.
8. Question 62. What is the capital of your state?
Answers will vary. [District of Columbia residents should answer that D.C. is not a state and does not have a capital.
Residents of U.S. territories should name the capital of the territory.]
territories to find information about your state.
If you file for US Citizenship before December 1, 2020, you will still use the old version of the test.
We will be happy to help you with applying for your US citizenship or any other immigration matter, from the most simple to the most complex!
Shepelsky Law Group
Tel: (718) 769-6352