Skip to Main Content

Venezuelan Humanitarian Process announced by USCIS

👉USCIS announced a new process for Venezuelan nationals outside of US and their immediate family members to come to the United States with Humanitarian parole. This program will be similar to the Uniting for Ukraine program. This program is going to provide a safe and orderly way for nationals of Venezuela without US visas to come to US legally for urgent humanitarian reasons and significant public benef, to be paroled for up to 2 years. To qualify, Venezuelans will have to be fully financially supported by a US sponsor with legal status in U.S. (can be US Citizen, Green Card holder or holder of a non-immigrant visa).   

To participate in this process, Venezuelan nationals must:

🔸Have a supporter in the United States fill out and be approved for Form I-134 Declaration of Support;

🔸Undergo and clear robust security vetting;

🔸Meet other eligibility criteria; and

🔸Warrant a favorable exercise of discretion.

Individuals participating in the process must have a supporter in the United States who agrees to provide them with financial support for the duration of their parole in the United States.

📝The first step in the process is for the U.S.-based supporter to file a Form I-134, Declaration of Financial Support, with USCIS for each Venezuelan national or immediate family member they seek to support, including minor children. The U.S. government will then check the supporter and her documents submitted in support of the I-134 to ensure that they are able to financially support the Venezuelan nationals they are agreeing to support.

✅The updated Form I-134 makes is very clear that the supporter must fully provide for the the Venezuelan beneficiaries’ room and board in US, the expense of their travel to US, food, medical, English language courses and all help with settling in the United States.

☝More interesting news and posts are on social media Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook!

Shepelsky Law Group

Immigration Lawyers for all 50 states

☎ : (718) 769-6352