Immigration News with Marina Shepelsky – BLACK FRIDAY EDITION
Friday LIVE with NY Immigration Attorney Marina Shepelsky of Shepelsky Law Group in NY City, the American capital of a melting pot of immigrants!
BIGGEST IMMIGRATION NEWS IS THAT ON NOV. 19, 2021 THE U.S. HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES IN CONGRESS RELEASED A SOCIAL SPENDING BILL THAT INCLUDES AN IMMIGRATION REFORM PROPOSAL.
NOV. 19, 2021
1. House of Representatives released a sweeping Social Spending Budget plan that includes $1 Billion earmarked for Immigration Reform!!
Name: Build Back Better Act.
1. Work Permits as Temporary Parole (protects from deportation; allows to work legally and receive Social Security number) for people who have lived in US since at least Jan. 1, 2011 and before.
– This is approximately 7 Million people! Many of them (1.5 Million) have a GC or USC family member that may be able to legalize them if they get this protection.
2. Green Card/Visa numbers Recapture. Recover and issue immigrant visas authorized by and Congress unused since 1992!
3. Some employment-based green card applicants who have been stuck in backlog over 2 years will be able to pay $5,000 supplemental fee to waive the annual and per-country quota limitations and become LPRs years (and sometimes decades) sooner than under current laws.
4. Family-based applicants who have been waiting at least two years may apply to waive the backlog limitation with a supplemental fee of $2500.
5. Protect green cards for Diversity Visa Lottery winners who were prevented from entering the US during Trump’s administration due to travel bans and Covid-related financial assistance, the new Bill proposes to REVERSE this rule.
Whether or not these provisions make it to the FINAL version of law is unclear.
This bill is set to hit the US Senate in December 2021.
And what are the latest Immigration legal updates?
I will tell you a little bit about my sad Thanksgiving and ask you what you did!
What are your plans for Black Friday? Let’s discuss. Drop me a comment.
All this and more in a live stream with NY Immigration Attorney Marina Shepelky, Esq.
Q&A at the end so you can ask your burning immigration case questions – anything from family petitions to Immigration Court and deportation — easily digestible legal information..
Marina will break down complex immigration legal issues and explain in simple words! Prepare to love it!