Skip to Main Content

I received my temporary conditional 2-year green card and my husband filed for divorce in less than 4 months after this date. Сan i still receive my permanent 10-year green card?

Yes. Immigration law allows for people who can prove they lived in a real bona fide marriage with a u.s. citizen to file for removal of conditions/permanent green card by themselves, with waiver of the joint filing requirements. the waiver is based on marriage and subsequent divorce and often the green card applicant may even qualify for hardship and abuse/extreme cruelty waivers. it is important to consult with an immigration attorney in said cases.