A FEDERAL DISTRICT COURT in MARYLAND orders to the U.S. DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY USCIS to start processing new DREAMERS DACA application again according to what the U.S. SUPREME COURT ordered two weeks ago in striking down president TRUMP’S ATTEMPT TO CANCEL OUT/RESCIND THE OBAMA-PROGRAM “DEFERRED ACTION FOR CHILDHOOD ARRIVALS,” OR DACA fro short.
THEY SAID USCIS’S TRYING TO STRIKE DACA DOWN WAS ARBITRARY AND CAPRICIOUS, JUST PLAIN WRONG!
DACA IS FOR PEOPLE BROUGHT TO AMERICA AS SMALL KIDS UNDER 16
- Are under 31 years of age as of June 15, 2012;
- Came to the U.S. while under the age of 16;
- Have continuously resided in the U.S. from June 15, 2007 to the present. (For purposes of calculating this five-year period, brief absences from the United States for humanitarian reasons will not be included);
- Entered the U.S. without inspection or fell out of lawful visa status before June 15, 2012;
- Were physically present in the United States on June 15, 2012, and at the time of making the request for consideration of deferred action with USCIS;
- Are currently in school, have graduated from high school, have obtained a GED, or have been honorably discharged from the Coast Guard or armed forces;
- Have not been convicted of a felony offense, a significant misdemeanor, or more than three misdemeanors of any kind; and
- Do not pose a threat to national security or public safety.
ALSO, THIS WEEK, FOREIGN STUDENTS WITH F-1 AND M-1 STUDENT VISAS CAN STAY IN U.S. AND STUDY IN U.S. EVEN IF THEIR COLLEGE IS HOLDING CLASSES ONLINE. FEDERAL COURT STRIKES DOWN ICE’S TRY TO CHANGE THE LAWS FOR STUDENT VISAS AND SEND THE STUDENTS HOME IF THEIR UNIVERSITY IS ONLY DOING CLASSES ONLINE.